Associated Oregon Industries (AOI) Vice President and Counsel Betsy Earls will be one of the speakers at the 34th annual "Best Practices for Best Employers" Labor and Employment Seminar presented by AOI and Lane Powell PC on Wednesday, April 26.
- What employers should do now to comply with the Affordable Care Act and the impact of recent changes in Congress and the White House.
- Changes to employment-based immigration practices that may impact your business and employees.
- When cancer comes to work.
- Recent developments in labor and employment law, and anticipated changes in the law and regulatory policy from the new administration and the Oregon Legislature.
- Pressing employee benefits issues in 2017.
- How to comply with today's complex rules governing recruiting, interviewing and hiring.
- Harassment prevention, mitigation, policies, best practices and more.
Other speakers, all attorneys with expertise in various aspects of labor and employment law, are Paul Ostroff, Craig Day, Susan Eggum, William Weiner, David Hosenpud and Dustin O'Quinn.
Breakfast and registration begin at 9 a.m. at the Hilton Portland Atrium Ballroom, 921 SW 6th Avenue. Presentations begin at 9 a.m. and conclude at 4 p.m.
For more information, including registration, click here.